Film Poster Inspiration





The antagonist of my trailer, Anastasia who features on both my magazine front cover and film poster shows that my work subverts Mulvey's argument regarding the male gaze whereby women are sexually objectified within the media for heterosexual male gratification. However, due to the use of iconography in the main images e.g. the school uniform, it subverts from the idea of a male gaze because it is clear that the film is set in a school location and gives an insight of her social status as a student, therefore disregarding the subject of objectification.
My film poster was inspired by the film poster of the 2014 American drama film 'Cake' which features Jennifer Aniston. Although this film and my film trailer are dissimilar in genre, they both have a headshot of the main character and a beige/cream faded background which creates a sense of ambiguity for my trailer. However, 'The Silence of the Lambs' uses a close up headshot too and this film is a similar genre to my film trailer.

Comments

Popular Posts